Thursday, March 26, 2009

Time Warp


I'm not sure if this is a trend or just Wabash, Indiana a little behind the times.


I saw two games from my childhood today within a period of about 15 minutes (yes I actually owned some toys).


First, at the Wabash Walmart, a mom was buying Operation as a present for her 6 year old. I used to love that game back in the day. Only problem was the little plastic organs always got lost.


Second, at Subway, a girl and her mom were playing Score Four. That was certainly one of my favorites. I could never convince my sisters to play because I kept beating them. Score is a 3 dimensional game and is shown above. The object is to get 4 of your color beads in a row - up, down, accross, diagonally.


So - What's up with retro toys?

2 comments:

Trish Coates said...

Classics never go out of style. Mattel has reintroduced the original Barbie, the 1959 model with black n white swimsuit and fifties ponytail. I meant to stop by Toys R Us and get one; bet they are sold out by now.

Brendan Coates said...

I've never even heard of score four.