Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Router for Home Network

I went out and bought a new router today and spent most of the afternoon playing with the setup.

This was fun for me. I learned stuff and now I have a faster Internet connection. When Brendan or Sean visit the settings should be the same but the connection will be faster.

The new technology was pretty easy to get up and running. However, I still needed to get into the detailed configuration to configure it exactly the way I wanted.

The new router is a D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band Gigabit Router - purchased at Circuit City for 10% off since they are going out of business.


Previous NetGear router was from a Staples contest that Brendan won several years ago.




The pricture on the left shows the speed of the old NetGear router.
This photo is the new D-Link router


This is over 5 times faster (your mileage may vary).
Both speeds are now the maximum for the connection from WOW.

No comments: